Say the word food and it gets me excited! I think I ate my way through Philly this weekend. If you didn’t already know, my boyfriend Mike lives there. I swear every time I go to visit him we eat all weekend long and my only complaint is that I am too full! All of my Instastories were food this whole weekend, which made me realize that I need to do a food guide for all the places we ate (not just this weekend but in general are my fav’s listed below)!
- Sona Pub & Kitchen (Manayunk)- Recently renovated & gorgeous- try their cinnamon rolls, buffalo mac n cheese stuffed in a roll, honey siracha chicken & waffles, sloppy joes on a donut, deep fried captain crunch french toast… the fun & crazy food list goes on! Their bloody mary’s have a nice kick too!
- Parc (Rittenhouse Square)- a little French cafe in the heart of Philly that has mouth watering bread baskets, pasteries, crab & avocado toast, & smoked salmon tartine
- Bob’s Diner (Manayunk)- your traditional cash only 50’s style diner that would not disappoint your grandma, their homefries are to die for!
- Carmen’s Famous Italian Hoagie (Reading Terminal Market)- need I say more? My personal favorite cheesesteak in philly… don’t forget to add the cheez whiz!
- Lucky’s Last Chance (Queen Village)- if you are hungover, go here, ha! I’ve never had a bad burger or tots tray I didn’t like
- Chickie’s & Pete’s (multiple locations)- big cup of crinkle fries with old bay seasoning (add a side of cheese) & you will be distracted for another 30 minutes!
- Federal Donuts (Multiple locations)- I can’t say anything other than go taste the best donuts & fried chicken I have ever had!
- Morgan’s Pier – this massive beer garden has over 40 breweries located right along the Delaware river and under the Benjamin Franklin bridge, this venue & live music is a summer hotspot
- McGillin’s Olde Ale House (Center City)- the oldest operated tavern in Philly, cheap beer and a good time.. who doesn’t love that?!
- Manayunk Brewing Co (Manayunk)- From pizza to sushi, this spacious spot turns into an indoor/ outdoor club with a DJ & even a sushi bar that’s open late night!
- Sky Garten (Center City)- This rooftop beer garden is on the 51st floor overlooking the city of brotherly love
- Reading Terminal Market- If you want to taste the world while being in one place go to this market.. try and get there early to beat the lines!
- Dante & Luigi’s (Italian Market)- Established in 1899 that was once a destination for Italian immigrants arriving in Philly is rich in history, food, & decor. There isn’t a bad item on this menu!
- R2L (Center City)- Mike surprised me with date night here! Located on the 31st floor, go a little before your reservation so you can get a drink and watch the sunset.
- Jake’s & Cooper’s Wine Bar (Manayunk)- cheese trays & appetizers with a bottle (or two) is a great go-to date night! Cheap bottles of wine too!
- Jasper’s Backyard (Conshohocken)– if you want to escape the city, try this indoor & outdoor restaurant. I love their yellowfin tuna poke bowl, holy guacamole, & chipotle marinated mahi
- Goat’s Beard (Manayunk)- the beef tartare, pork & kimchi fries, pork belly, grilled vegetable napolean are just a few of my favorites hehe! The chef does a wonderful job.
Okay writing this just made me soooo hungry. Now go eat up (which is what I am about to do)!